HHRMA Hotel Bali – TOUCHÉ
We are looking for a Cook/Chef to lead our kitchen at an opening soon restaurant in the Pererenan area. You will deliver a high-quality menu and motivate our kitchen staff to deliver creative dishes. Cook/Chef responsibilities include create a menu from scratch, keep a high level standard of dishes, propose new creative ideas related to food and drinks and maintain a top level of cleanliness in the kitchen area.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need a great deal of creativity and cooking experience in similar sized restaurant or cafes. Chef responsibilities include studying recipes, setting up menus and preparing high-quality dishes. You should be able to ensure meals are prepared in a timely manner. Also, you should be familiar with sanitation regulations. If you have experience with advanced cooking techniques and non-traditional ingredients, we’d like to meet you. Ultimately, you’ll prepare and deliver a complete menu that delights our guests.
- Set up the kitchen with cooking utensils and equipment, like knives, pans and kitchen scales
- Study each recipe and gather all necessary ingredients
- Cook food in a timely manner
- Inform wait staff about daily specials
- Ensure appealing plate presentation
- Slightly modify recipes to meet customers’ needs and requests (e.g. reduce salt, remove dairy)
- Monitor food stock and discuss with Management to place orders
- Check freshness of food and discard out-of-date items
- Experiment with recipes and suggest new ingredients
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations within the kitchen area
- Proven work experience as a Chef or Cook
- Hands-on experience with various kitchen equipment (e.g. grillers and pasta makers)
- Advanced knowledge of culinary and baking techniques
- Ability to remain calm under preassure and undertake various tasks
- Excellent time management abilities
- Up-to-date knowledge of cooking techniques and recipes
- Familiarity with sanitation regulations
- Culinary school diploma preferred
- Strong English skills
- Indonesian national
What we offer
- Competitive salary, service charge, and bonus
- Food allowance
- A very creative environment where you can grow and try new ideas
- Join a strong team that feels like a family
Important note, we can only consider Indonesian nationals for this position.
To apply, send us an email to:
email@example.com with an updated resume and we will be in touch to arrange an initial call.